Whitney Albright posted an update 6 months ago
No doubt about it. My Andy Warhol poster favorites will be the weird ones. Well, not weird just as much as unusual. The soup cans and endless Marilyn variations are interesting–and they have arrived at denote an entire era. I’m more interested, however, in Warhol just as one evolving, experimenting introspective artist.
I additionally like to own conversation pieces adorning my walls. And from the time I used to be attending college, my Andy Warhol poster collection has been doing better at starting conversations than every other art that I have displayed.
Here are my top 5 Andy Warhol poster picks–with one of the links at the bottom in order to read the images themselves.
1. Self Portrait with Skull. In the retirement years, Warhol became more morbid and introspective. This photographic self-portrait reminds me a modicum of Hamlet. Except older and stranger. (Can you really be stranger than Hamlet? Um, I do think Warhol may just are already. In a good way, naturally.)
2. Experiments with Androgyny. It’s easy to dismiss or laugh at pictures of men dressed as women. The truth is that, I laughed this Andy Warhol poster series off in the beginning. Occur, Andy. You’re not everything pretty. In Warhol’s case, a great deal was simply concerning the experimentation. What can this appear like? What can you choose love to represent an alter ego? Memorably. Warhol’s self-portraits in drag most likely are not the most effective ways for general apartment decor, but they’re worth a look–just for your originality factor.
3. Warhol’s Dracula Movie Poster. No Andy Warhol poster collection is finished without at least one memorable movie poster. With the whole vampire movie trend occurring currently, you can have fun as a little subversive. Edward and Bella? Give me an escape. Warhol knew how to overcome the complete vampire thing with drama, boldness, eroticism, and (naturally) an excellent healthy dose of campiness.
4. The Querelle Movie Poster. That one is edgier, and it’s really only available from the gray color variation about the inexpensive poster sites. But nonetheless, if you like to create you and your guests look–and take a look again, check out the Querelle Andy Warhol poster.
5. The pin Cat. That is obtainable in poster form as just one single bit of the 25 Cats Andy Warhol print. It’s unusual given it almost resembles an Eric Carle illustration. (You understand…ab muscles Hungry Caterpillar author.) It’s got a sweetness over it (uncharacteristic of Warhol), also it pops off of the white background. You could put this just about anywhere–whether children’s room or over your preferred reading chair.
I have listed a number of the great, off-the-beaten-path Andy Warhol poster options on the market. Warhol was an unusually prolific artist. The earlier a part of his career examined celebrity and culture, as well as the latter a part of his career involved experimentation with film, photography, Rorschach ink blots, Polaroid images, and self-portraiture.
More details about Andy Warhol Quotes have a look at this popular web site: